[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Cryostasis
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:52
 Post subject: Cryostasis
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2009, 13:30 

18 Feb 2009, 13:51

I assuming you peeps must have played this game? The game has problems with repetition, fairly inert combat as well as not utilising the 'mental echo' mechanic as well as it should have but the immersive atmosphere and the suprising amount of depth in the story, themes and characters left me with an overall very favourable impression. It's obviously not going to rival great works literature but I thought the themes were explored quite intelligently and I was genuinely moved at several points in the game. It didn't feel forced or pretentious, like Braid*, nor was it 'mature' in that clumsy and hamfisted way games usually are, like Fallout 3 but it simply had something to say.

*I liked Braid a lot and did enjoy it's story and themes but I still felt I was being bashed over the head by it's self important narrative at times.

Post subject: Re: Cryostasis
PostPosted: 31 Aug 2009, 16:23 

04 Feb 2009, 17:38

I actually loved this game, tremendous atmosphere. And I loved the weapons too

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2009, 22:11 

20 Jan 2007, 19:47

I really like what I've seen of it. Unfortunately, the game is a huge performance hog and I'm gonna need to upgrade my PC to play it properly :(

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2009, 23:32 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

Quote:
I really like what I've seen of it. Unfortunately, the game is a huge performance hog and I'm gonna need to upgrade my PC to play it properly :(
I should note that even a GeForce 285 isn't anough to run it at full settings at 1920x1200...

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2009, 01:15 

22 Aug 2009, 02:01

I do enjoy what I played of it, very much agreed on the atmosphere. Unfortunately Hydra is also quite right and it is a performance hog. I have a pretty good system, and even then it tries to kill itself sometimes in the game. I'm hoping maybe a patch will be released for optimization, buuut I doubt it. :P

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2009, 17:40 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

http://www.gamespot.com/best-of/special ... tml?page=3 — yhe reward has finally found it's hero. Cryostasis won a (deserved!) Best Story of the year special achievement award at GameSpot!
Contrats, Action Forms!

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2009, 20:26 

25 Feb 2007, 00:40

A game that hasn't been made in the USA won something... on the GS... bwahahahaha... kha!)
No use to cry quarter!

If you do not describe your attack in a gloriously cinematic fashion, the difficulty increases one step. (c)

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2009, 21:03 

20 Jan 2007, 19:47

Excellent! Loved (what I played of) Cryostasis. And of course - Vivisector: Beast Within! I like Action Forms :D

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable