[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Other Russian Games
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:22
 Post subject: Other Russian Games
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2009, 02:32 
In Turgor!

01 Sep 2008, 06:09

I take this change to ask about other russian games and if there is any adicional info on them (They then to update the english pages once every planetary aligment)

-Reality 4.13 (Some sort of follow up to Paradise Cracked and Cops Power of Law)
-Heart of Eternity.

Beside these, any more gems hidden around the corner? :D

Post subject: Re: Other Russian Games
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2009, 13:22 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

>> -Reality 4.13 (Some sort of follow up to Paradise Cracked and Cops Power of Law)
Even I haven't heard about this one. :) When was it released? I loved Paradise Cracked.

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2009, 13:28 

20 Jan 2007, 19:47

I'm pretty sure that 'Reality 4.13' isn't a game at all: It's just part of their website design. Confusing, I know!

What's your opinion on the 'Cops' games?

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2009, 13:36 
Старый Добрый Эль

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that 'Reality 4.13' isn't a game at all: It's just part of their website design. Confusing, I know!

Well, they're surely better technically and gameplay-wise, but I like the storyline of Paradise Cracked better. It becomes very interesting after the first half of the game or so. :) As for Cops, to be honest, I didn't finish the game. :)

2Throdax: Second game looks interesting - I haven't heard about it before, either, but it looks like they're past beta.

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2009, 13:43 
In Turgor!

Quote:
Quote:

Well, they're surely better technically and gameplay-wise, but I like the storyline of Paradise Cracked better. It becomes very interesting after the first half of the game or so. :) As for Cops, to be honest, I didn't finish the game. :)

2Throdax: Second game looks interesting - I haven't heard about it before, either, but it looks like they're past beta.
Reality 4.13 -> http://www.reality413.ru/en/?l=en

But like hydra9 said, now I'm not even sure what that is, but is has art assets from Paradise Cracked and Cops.

As for Paradise Cracked vs Cops.

The Cops story and rank system was bit poor, and I prefered the story in Paradise Cracked more, but Cops had improved GFX and mechanics. I mean it was a pain to walk in turn based mode in Paradise Cracked once there was not enemies around.

Overall I liked both games and I'm sad I never got my hand on the cops expantion (as far as I'm aware it was released outise Russia).

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2009, 14:06 

Yeah, the whole 'Reality 4.13' thing is perplexing, but I think it's just what they decided to call their website. Or possibly it's the name of the 'universe' their games are set in. I could be wrong, however...

As a big X-COM fan, I bought Paradise Cracked, but never really got into it. It seemed too slow and had too many annoying issues. But I later decided to give the developer another chance and bought 'Cops 2170.' Although the game was still very rough around the edges, it had something quite appealing about it. I only played the first level, but I plan to go back to it at some point.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2009, 14:45 
In Turgor!

Huge X-COM fan here also :D

Playing Jagged Alliance at the moment (Thank you GoG) :)

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2009, 15:04 

Yep, I think I must've spent at least three years playing nothing but X-COM (and Terror From The Deep) in my youth :)

Have you played Odium (aka. Gorky 17)? I'd definitely recommend that.

Incubation was awesome, too.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2009, 15:44 
Старый Добрый Эль

Quote:
Yep, I think I must've spent at least three years playing nothing but X-COM (and Terror From The Deep) in my youth :)

Oh yeah, two of my all-time favourites in the turn-based genre. Too bad Odium was spoiled for me by a highly anti-russian storyline - the Pollacks seem to have some grunge against us. The good part is that the Russian storyline was rewritten. Also, I think Gorky-17 has one of the best soundtracks out there, I even ripped and mastered it a little. Here's a download:
OST Gorky-17 60.1 MB, 23 Tracks

Or download the tracks separetely in my LJ. :)
http://the-lxr.livejournal.com/44235.html

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2009, 15:51 
In Turgor!

Never played Odium :(

But I recommend Battle Isle if you like Turn Based Strategy (mainly BI 2 and BI: Andosia Wars)

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2009, 11:15 
Горнолыжник

18 Oct 2007, 21:16

Well if you here speak about such Turn Based tactical games, as Gorky-17 and X-Com, it is impossible to forget and about "Operation Silen Storm" & "Hammer & Sickle"

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2009, 14:19 
In Turgor!

Quote:
Quote:

Oh yeah, two of my all-time favourites in the turn-based genre. Too bad Odium was spoiled for me by a highly anti-russian storyline - the Pollacks seem to have some grunge against us. The good part is that the Russian storyline was rewritten. Also, I think Gorky-17 has one of the best soundtracks out there, I even ripped and mastered it a little. Here's a download:
OST Gorky-17 60.1 MB, 23 Tracks

Or download the tracks separetely in my LJ. :)
http://the-lxr.livejournal.com/44235.html
Just look what Santa will bring us: http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/gorky_17

:D

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2009, 14:56 
Старый Добрый Эль

Unfortunatelly, looks liek the Polish version, where they're oh-so-nationalistic against Russia. :(

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2009, 15:04 
In Turgor!

Quote:
Unfortunatelly, looks liek the Polish version, where they're oh-so-nationalistic against Russia. :(

Is it really that bad? I mean, a lot of games and movies have a rival "bad" nation. Usualy the good guys are the American against a random "evil" nation. Take a look at the James Bond movies for example, Russia is a recurring theme in those.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2009, 15:30 
Старый Добрый Эль

Quote:
Is it really that bad? I mean, a lot of games and movies have a rival "bad" nation. Usualy the good guys are the American against a random "evil" nation. Take a look at the James Bond movies for example, Russia is a recurring theme in those.
Well, one thing is to feature a country as the enmy - the other - "to mock behind the back". :) It's not THAT bad, just unpleasant, as the plot doesn't revolve around Russia at all except for the territoty of the city. With that said, making us look bad isn't nice. :)

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2009, 15:43 
In Turgor!

Agreed, making others look bad sure doesn't feel well on the target nation.

Luckily I'm from a small country on the ass of Europe, so no one ever picks on us :D

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2009, 19:33 

25 Feb 2007, 00:40

USA is on the "Human Alliance" emblem in Mass Effect. I think it's what they call Americaniz... pardon, globalizm.
No use to cry quarter!

If you do not describe your attack in a gloriously cinematic fashion, the difficulty increases one step. (c)

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2009, 10:29 

07 Oct 2008, 04:44

Quote:
Too bad Odium was spoiled for me by a highly anti-russian storyline - the Pollacks seem to have some grunge against us.
I tried out Odium a few days ago. I really couldn't get into the combat even though I love turn-based games in general. I'll have another go at some point.

I've found that a lot of Polish people dislike Russians in general. There are loads of them working over here in England, and I've met plenty who seem alright, but pull a childish grimace if you even mention Russia.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2009, 15:12 

25 Feb 2007, 00:40

It' no wonder they hate us. After all it was Russian Empire that cast the Polish state Retch Pospolitaya into oblivion. Poland has always been on the edge of political territory disputes between Europe and Russia. So I think they should feel a measure of historically motivated hatred. What I'm wondering is why Russia gets it all and not Europe. We and the Polish are slovenians after all.
No use to cry quarter!

If you do not describe your attack in a gloriously cinematic fashion, the difficulty increases one step. (c)

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2009, 03:10 

06 Mar 2009, 05:05

i imagine it has much more to do with the history of WWII, and possibly blaming russia for the polish Communist regime (well, with good reason, since it came into existence due to the russian occupation). i mean, i wont get into talking about russia's treatment of poland during WWII unless someone doesnt know/wants to know, but, really, it wasnt very pleasant.

i dont know for sure, but i imagine a lot of folk from poland probably feel pretty bitter towards germans, too.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2009, 10:23 
Старый Добрый Эль

Quote:
i imagine it has much more to do with the history of WWII, and possibly blaming russia for the polish Communist regime (well, with good reason, since it came into existence due to the russian occupation). i mean, i wont get into talking about russia's treatment of poland during WWII unless someone doesnt know/wants to know, but, really, it wasnt very pleasant.i dont know for sure, but i imagine a lot of folk from poland probably feel pretty bitter towards germans, too.
I think, they do — a quick look at wikipedia stated that they got occupated a lot during the existence of the country. Anyhow, I won't judge wether this has anything under it or not. It's just a bit unpleasant. Not too much. :) And all the Polish folks I know are cool people.

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2009, 18:45 
Бессмысленный и беспощадный

21 May 2006, 19:45

It makes me very sad if someone speaks about Russian Occupation. In fact it means communistic occupation. Of course, communistic regime had made many bad things, but not only to Poland and other East-european countries: Russian people had suffered from this regime too, and I guess we suffered not less than East Europe.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2009, 07:55 

06 Mar 2009, 05:05

i'm not making judgments, for the record. countries are simply lines drawn on a map by politicians. individuals should be judged for their actions, not the actions of their leaders (who often arent choosen by the people, or are only very vaguely and generally "choosen"), their ancestors, or people who just happen to also be citizens of the same country. if we *did* judge people based on these superficial things, we'd all be equally damned, equally dead.

but i do think it's important to have a decent understanding of history, and to know a bit about the historical, social issues - these things help to inform why there are conflicts in the current times, and can help to avert repeating history.

... of course, i'm also just interested in history, and probably everyone who is would say stuff like that :P

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2009, 10:43 
Бессмысленный и беспощадный

21 May 2006, 19:45

Yes, your point of view is the right one)
My post was not aimed on you - it was generic thoughts about subject

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2009, 14:31 

Very wise words, feighnt :) It's a pity there are so many people out there who don't understand these simple truths and spend their lives hating for no reason...

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable