[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Game freeze in Ole's cradle
It is currently 16 Jun 2024, 03:06
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2010, 01:04 

03 Feb 2010, 00:52

Hi - been playing the game and really enjoying it. Very different and artistic, unlike anything else out there at the moment.

But, after about 6 hours of playing, I've hit a really annoying bug that may stop me from playing it. I got to Ole's cradle, went through her first dialog, left, wandered around other places for a few cycles, no problems. However, I've just gone back to Ole's cradle to deliver some colour and open her chambers, and encountered the problem. Opening the dialog screen with Ole causes the game to stop. Her screen loads, she turns to look at me and start her dialog, but then the game seems to skip or glitch, and she turns away and... none of the controls work any more. The cursor is no longer visible, I can't press esc or enter or any other key, and end up having to stop the game with the task manager. I've tried 5 times and the same error happens each time.

I considered using the cheat, the one that opens all the chambers (since her chambers are the last ones I haven't opened) but this probably wouldn't help, because I just can't give her colour, which closes off a lot of options.

Any ideas of how to fix this?

Thanks

Michael

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2010, 01:02 

25 Nov 2009, 02:31

No one can help if you don't post your system specs.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2010, 22:55 

03 Feb 2010, 00:52

Ah, sorry, that was pretty dumb.

I'm playing on an ASUS G1S-B2 - specs are here:

http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/asus-g1 ... olBtm;rnav

So yeah - may be a laptop specific problem...

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2010, 02:23 

28 Jan 2010, 00:24

reinstalling may solve the problem,i also had similar bug with first sister when i was getting "haste" but reinstall helped

PostPosted: 03 May 2011, 08:33 

03 May 2011, 08:28

I'm having the same problem. I bought the game on Steam, my system specs are quite high and this doesn't seem to be hardware related because it's not really a crash so much as the game logic breaking.

I've talked to her once or twice already, but now when I talk to her, she turns her head towards me like she's going to say something, then suddenly jerks back to the idle animation but the interface doesn't come back up.

Is there a console command to bring up the interface in such a situation?

I'm going to experiment with doing something else for a cycle and come back to see if it fixes the problem. Another possibility is that I've installed the easy patch, but did so after I started playing, so maybe that did something weird?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable