[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Vampire not working
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:39
 Post subject: Vampire not working
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2009, 01:10 

28 Dec 2009, 00:01

Hi there!

First of all, this must be said: Really great game, grats!! Definitively one of the best for quite some time! But now I came about a question I could not answer from reading forums etc.

I'm playing the German version, BTW. I'm around cycle 29 and since some time no color comes anymore into chambers. Ok so far, I got some lympha left for surviving, but it won't be enough for filling the 3rd and 4th heart of a sister, or filling all my hearts for turgor. And since this situation already lasts for some time, I am suspecting that it will go on, and I thought of other sources of lympha.

One of my ideas was to use the Vampire glyph on a sister I don't need that badly. Or, at least, I understood the description of the glyph as I should receive some color from her... but I simply don't.

The glyph itself works, I see an appropriate video, and after the second glyph the sister dies. (She had two hearts opened before.) But I see no change in lympha or nerva (checked, too). Am I doing something wrong, or isn't the glyph meant to give some color at all? Does one need to fill with some specific color, or does vampire only work under certain circumstances?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Vampire not working
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2009, 02:35 

29 Aug 2004, 16:52

As far as I know, this glyph was really unfinished. At leat, when I played versin in May, it didn't work.
Sorry.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2009, 02:43 

03 Dec 2009, 02:38

I've only used this one a few times. I've never recieved any hearts or lympa from doing it. The sole reason for using at the moment is to weaken the Sister's matching brother eg, kill off Uta to weaken Mantid.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2009, 02:46 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

In the German non-Steam version the glyph is bugged, I'll try to make a quick hotfix tomorrow, but can't promise anything for sure.

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2009, 14:51 

28 Dec 2009, 00:01

Quote:
In the German non-Steam version the glyph is bugged
Ah, that's also an explanation :) Ok, thanks!

I guess I have to manage without a sister's color then... which may be easier than I thought, as in cycle 31 there is again color!

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2009, 17:22 

13 Dec 2009, 02:24

I have the english version of The Void (from amazon.co.uk), and I have the same problem. The sister gets killed by the Vampire glyph, but there's no new color either in me or in the nearby chambers. I have tried it on the sisters that have more than one full heart, just in case, still the same.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2011, 23:36 

01 Jun 2011, 00:45

Sorry to bump an old thread - but was this ever patched? Or is there a fan-made patch for this?

Am playing the English Steam version. Have made it to cycle 31, defeated all brothers but the void is very "damaged" so trees don't return much of anything in most places, so no way to reach "turgor". My plan was to extract from other sisters if I couldn't make it by conventional means - but: surprise! that part of the game doesn't work. :roll:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable