[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Any chance of The Void coming to consoles?
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:28
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2015, 17:08 

25 May 2011, 06:37

It's great that Pathologic is going to have a remake that will come out on consoles, but I would love it if The Void could somehow have a remake as well. What are the chances of this happening?

PostPosted: 29 May 2015, 23:49 

11 Feb 2015, 22:06

a nice idea, but i think they have enough work doing the Pathologic remake but to make a Void remake would be... pointless.. just remember how the game made you feel when you first played it.. it's something you can't go through twice ;D And one more thing... why is this forum so dead????

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2015, 21:55 

11 Feb 2015, 22:06

No wait a sec... I just had an epiphany... a sequel to The Void set below the Void... maybe a story about what torment the brothers had to endure in the Nightmare... ????

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2016, 14:18 

23 Jun 2008, 13:01

Will never happen:
-The Void never had as strong following as Pathologic had.
-IPL stated that they are pretty much done with it, while the new Pathologic is made because they were too inexperienced to do justice to Pathologic's ambition and English speaking players never got a chance to properly play the original game. They went back to finish what they started, while they think that The Void is fine and done as it is.
-The Void is made on IPLs own engine. Porting it to consoles would be about as much trouble as remaking it. New Pathologic is made on Unity.
-Managing Colour and drawing glyphs hardly will be anything enjoyable with a gamepad.
-There are currently copyright issues that resulted in the game's removal from Steam store. I believe if IPL wanted to do anything with the title they'd have to figure it out first.
-Consoles are much less tolerant to female nudity of any kind than PC, not saying that isn't doable, just too much trouble.

Personally I think The Void could be so much more than it is, though it's one of the most influential games I ever played and my absolute favorite IPL game, I can criticize it for hours for its flaws and shortcomings, I don't agree that it should be left as it is as a complete and finished game and I'm all for giving it the same treatment Pathologic received, hell, I think it deserves it more than Pathologic, but that's just me liking The Void more than original Pathologic.

Why the forums are dead? There are three reasons:
-IPL don't do much to keep it alive.
-Their fan base consists of extremely introverted people.
-Forums are a relic of past decade, people mostly hang out on social networks these days.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable