[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • release date for the english version - Page 3
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:47
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2008, 01:14 
In Turgor!

01 Sep 2008, 06:09

Thank you very much :)

I still do hope it makes the international release.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2008, 05:00 

21 Apr 2008, 10:42

Quote:
Quote:
I was thinking...

Will the english release feature a sound track or will it be made available by some other medium?

I was this cause I just love the soundtrack of the game and nothing like uploading in the mobile phone to listen to in the car :)
Depends on the publisher. The Russian edition featured a bonus DVD with the sountrack in lossless quality, including all unreleased tracks and poems totaling to 112 or something tracks. Also, the DVD contains all trailers ever released, a gmv from Pathologic and tons of other stuff.
:o That's a whole lot of content :o
As soon as I have some disc space I'll grab that bonus disc. I just found today that the music from the Tension trailer was put up on the tension site as an mp3 and it managed to surpass some crazy chick on the violin and Jethro Tull covering Led Zeppelin's Kashmir as my official Awesome Song of the Day, and the rest of the Tension songs are almost as awesome. 112 tracks of it!? Now THAT'S a bonus. Take that, Fallout 3 clock! :P In your face, Big Daddy figurine! Suck it, Mirror's Edge carrier bag!
:lol:

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2008, 09:44 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

Quote:
:o That's a whole lot of content :o
As soon as I have some disc space I'll grab that bonus disc. I just found today that the music from the Tension trailer was put up on the tension site as an mp3 and it managed to surpass some crazy chick on the violin and Jethro Tull covering Led Zeppelin's Kashmir as my official Awesome Song of the Day, and the rest of the Tension songs are almost as awesome. 112 tracks of it!? Now THAT'S a bonus. Take that, Fallout 3 clock! :P In your face, Big Daddy figurine! Suck it, Mirror's Edge carrier bag!
:lol:
I'll take that as a big thanks. :)
When we were making the gift edition and saw how well everything is turning out - like the cover, where the clothes are printer on plastic, so when you remove it the sister becomes naked - I thought, how I hated gift edition without any good stuff at all. Then I thought - what I would like myself most? A bonus disc! But one with the content I want: a soundtrack in good quality and with proper tags for last.fm (Took me A LOT of time to encode and tag everything, our composer couldn't do it back thern for some reason); all the ingame concept art in good quality (some is in poster-printable! wink-wink ;) ); videos... Preferably EVERYTHING there ever was for the game. The disc turned out so impressive, that it was included even in the jewel cheap version of the game. And that's how it happened. :)
Another point of interest on the disk are Nick Dyboskiy's lectures on game design, but they're in audio and in Russian so... Sorry. :(

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2008, 10:02 
In Turgor!

It is godly content if you ask me :D

Also funny to see the videos and finding out Yanni in the first tree ;) and looking at the original concept art and see that the first ideia of the void map was insane :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2008, 14:13 
In Turgor!

Hum... edit button went missing.... anyway.

After quickly browsing thru the 3 OST CDs I didn't find some of the trailers music in there. Were those musics made especially for the trailers?

If so, would be nice to have them in lossless format also :D

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2008, 14:31 
Старый Добрый Эль

Quote:

After quickly browsing thru the 3 OST CDs I didn't find some of the trailers music in there. Were those musics made especially for the trailers?

Sorry, the two tracks from the first trailers were lost forever, so nothing I can do. :(

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2008, 14:36 
In Turgor!

Quote:
Quote:

Sorry, the two tracks from the first trailers were lost forever, so nothing I can do. :(

Oh well, I'll extract them from the trailers then

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2008, 23:02 

17 Sep 2008, 00:43

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh well, I'll extract them from the trailers then
After you do that, could you upload it here to share with the rest of us? I love that music in the trailer.

If so, thanks a bunch.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2008, 11:54 

08 Jun 2007, 02:51

Can't you get like six years in prison in russia for downloading stuff illegally? In sweden only two people ever got something, fines, and only because they themselves admitted to downloading and distributing content illegally.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2008, 12:04 
Старый Добрый Эль

Quote:
Can't you get like six years in prison in russia for downloading stuff illegally? In sweden only two people ever got something, fines, and only because they themselves admitted to downloading and distributing content illegally.
In Russia? No... :)

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2008, 12:18 
Бессмысленный и беспощадный

21 May 2006, 19:45

yet)

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2008, 14:54 

Quote:
Quote:
In Russia? No... :)
Isn't Starforce universal, or just about, in Russian releases? Almost as bad as prison. ;)

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2008, 15:00 
Старый Добрый Эль

Quote:
Isn't Starforce universal, or just about, in Russian releases? Almost as bad as prison. ;)
Well, it's mostly Russian. :) But all this stuff about it being bad is all hype. The people who complain the most are the ones, that couldn't hack it. Usually, you can hack any product using Starfoce quite easily. :) What I remember being cruel was Bioshock's protection - they couldn't break it for a month at least, and I kept an eye on the process the whole time. First, the cd-key, then the disk check and then - liminted online activation. That was hell. :)

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2008, 15:56 

The limited activations are especially horrid, especially since every company that's done it so far have launched the game without any ability whatsoever to unregister activations- for Bioshock originally, Mass Effect, Spore, STALKER: Clear Sky after you install and uninstall the games five times they're done, you gotta get a new copy. Bioshock was patched, EA promises to set up a system for Mass Effect and Spore... nobody's bothering to play Clear Sky long enough to discover the DRM thanks to the bugs. :P

I just watched the "Sinking Island" Tension trailer, and I noticed there's an eye on the moon oh god it's watching.
Also, I have to say, more than anything else, even that soundtrack... Tension's level design is uniformly breathtaking, and this is coming from a level designer. Especially after seeing the concept art on the bonus disc I appreciate the design even more. Pathologic's environment was well designed for the emotions it inspired, but nothing besides the enigmatic train station were truly awe inspiring. EVERYTHING I've seen in Tension's footage is.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2008, 16:15 
In Turgor!

Quote:
The limited activations are especially horrid, especially since every company that's done it so far have launched the game without any ability whatsoever to unregister activations- for Bioshock originally, Mass Effect, Spore, STALKER: Clear Sky after you install and uninstall the games five times they're done, you gotta get a new copy. Bioshock was patched, EA promises to set up a system for Mass Effect and Spore... nobody's bothering to play Clear Sky long enough to discover the DRM thanks to the bugs. :P

I just watched the "Sinking Island" Tension trailer, and I noticed there's an eye on the moon oh god it's watching.
Also, I have to say, more than anything else, even that soundtrack... Tension's level design is uniformly breathtaking, and this is coming from a level designer. Especially after seeing the concept art on the bonus disc I appreciate the design even more. Pathologic's environment was well designed for the emotions it inspired, but nothing besides the enigmatic train station were truly awe inspiring. EVERYTHING I've seen in Tension's footage is.
Wait until you play the game then, you will see with your own eyes the beauty of those scenarios where everything is perfect, texture, lighting, placeables.

One of the things that awe struck me was what the perfection of the movements of the sisters.

But LxR must be tired of my praising drivel of the game since day one I registered on these forums, so I'll stop :D

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2008, 23:37 
Старый Добрый Эль

Quote:
But LxR must be tired of my praising drivel of the game since day one I registered on these forums, so I'll stop
Please, go on! :)

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2008, 01:14 

07 Oct 2008, 04:44

Quote:
But LxR must be tired of my praising drivel of the game since day one I registered on these forums, so I'll stop :D
I'm quietly waiting for a UK release before I start chanting "YAY". :D
Quote:
But all this stuff about it being bad is all hype.
I had horrible problems getting some of my games running that didn't even use Starforce while I had it installed. The removal tool fixed that, and now I also get less errors while burning disks.

Back when everyone was complaining, I'm sure there were a lot of people exaggerating though.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2008, 01:52 
In Turgor!

Quote:
Quote:
I'm quietly waiting for a UK release before I start chanting "YAY". :D
Quote:
But all this stuff about it being bad is all hype.
I had horrible problems getting some of my games running that didn't even use Starforce while I had it installed. The removal tool fixed that, and now I also get less errors while burning disks.

Back when everyone was complaining, I'm sure there were a lot of people exaggerating though.

I had not problem at all with Tension copy protection, even installing drivers

Oh, get the russian release as a preview (it is cheap)

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2008, 03:53 

07 Oct 2008, 04:44

Quote:
I had not problem at all with Tension copy protection, even installing drivers

Oh, get the russian release as a preview (it is cheap)
Ah, right. So Tension uses Starforce? Not a problem because I can always use the removal tool between playing sessions.

I am thinking about getting the Russian version. What, with trying to learn the language anyway it would be good motivation to get better. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2008, 09:47 
In Turgor!

The game itself has a removal option for the protection drivers, alight hidden.

But, yeah it a worthy buy, even nor understanding the text and dialoge we a few trial an error you can pick up the mechanic of the game. :)

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2008, 19:57 

In the swedish PC Gamer there was an article about the promises of former USSR-countries rise in video game industry, and the article (which was translated from the english original I believe) said that in russia there used to be shops where you could buy pirate material. The authorities got sick of it and made a law that could give you up to six years for pirating. They mentioned tension and pathologic, but not much more. The Experiment they did not, but it seems interesting nonetheless.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2008, 22:35 
Старый Добрый Эль

Quote:
In the swedish PC Gamer there was an article about the promises of former USSR-countries rise in video game industry, and the article (which was translated from the english original I believe) said that in russia there used to be shops where you could buy pirate material. The authorities got sick of it and made a law that could give you up to six years for pirating. They mentioned tension and pathologic, but not much more. The Experiment they did not, but it seems interesting nonetheless.
OMG, interesting! Could you make scans of it or maybe there's an online version?

UPD: On second thought, I guess it's not in English, right? :)))

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2008, 05:08 

No, it's not in english unfortunately.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2008, 11:55 

25 Feb 2007, 00:40

Piracy is inevitable, in Russia its a question of self conscience, whether you buy a licensed product or not. So far I own only a few PC licenses: Pathologic, Tension and Witcher. U.S. devs will do fine without me, I think.
No use to cry quarter!

If you do not describe your attack in a gloriously cinematic fashion, the difficulty increases one step. (c)

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2008, 23:26 
In Turgor!

Quote:

After you do that, could you upload it here to share with the rest of us? I love that music in the trailer.

If so, thanks a bunch.
As requested, the trailer music:

Music 1
Music 2
Music 3

I don't think the second trailer has any music not in the soundtrack, correct me if I'm wrong.

LxR, if I am comming anything illegal or something, feel free to delete this post.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable