[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • US release date? - Page 6
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 11:55
 Post subject: Re: US release date?
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2009, 10:22 

01 Apr 2009, 13:53

Quote:
It seems Atari doesn't have much faith in "Void" placing it half a tier above a mediocre indie game. I hope it sells well.
Well, in all honesty, I don't see The Void doing so very well compared to the (super-hyped) big name IPs. It's too unfamiliar and different, and from what I've read on the forums, it seems really hard. Lots of consumers will be put off. . .

Disclaimer: I like all those things. Also, I think there's an audience among PC players for this sort of thing. They're just a tasteful minority.

By the way, I thought it was now being published by Mamba?

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2009, 11:13 
In Turgor!

01 Sep 2008, 06:09

The Void has some good supporting by some more or less famous internet sites, so I think the sales may be higher than expected.

bratt_n: That price, isn't that low, it costs £16.99 at amazon.co.uk and Dragon Age costs £24.99. So as you can see not much of a price difference, as PC games are usually priced around those numbers in the UK, also take into account the different levels of living from country to country.

I remember I bough Turgor DD version in Russian ruble and at them time it was the equivalent to 9€ :)

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2009, 12:08 

20 Jan 2007, 19:47

bratt_n: I agree with Throdax. Nearly any PC game can be pre-ordered for below £20 now, regardless of its intended retail value. And I think £19.99 is a smart price point - It will result in more sales from people willing to 'take a chance' on a very non-standard game.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2009, 13:19 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

Quote:
bratt_n: I agree with Throdax. Nearly any PC game can be pre-ordered for below £20 now, regardless of its intended retail value. And I think £19.99 is a smart price point - It will result in more sales from people willing to 'take a chance' on a very non-standard game.
While, I don't know the intended price for sure either, my best guess is the price will be around 30$.

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2009, 17:05 

11 Apr 2008, 16:54

£20 is a great price for a game like this, I doubt many people are going to be too aware of it here in the UK, so the lower price point will mean people are more likely to pick it up on an impulse purchase. Really pleased that I will soon be able to get my hands on this :D

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2009, 23:23 

Quote:
Really pleased that I will soon be able to get my hands on this :D
I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts on it :)

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2009, 12:06 

11 Apr 2008, 16:54

Quote:
Quote:
Really pleased that I will soon be able to get my hands on this :D
I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts on it :)
Well I think I am sending the review copy we are getting to one of my other writers from The Reticule, but I will try and write something about it myself :)

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2009, 02:41 

22 Aug 2009, 02:01

Ho ho this is splendid news! I'll actually be in the UK when the game is released, so if it does end up coming to normal brick and mortar stores I can get my mitts on it before coming home. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2009, 04:49 

This isn't cool. Amazon.co.uk's date for The Void has slipped to 16th October :roll:

It's still listed as 25th September on Play.com - I hope Amazon have somehow got it wrong...

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2009, 05:02 

:S So do I... I am really looking forward to seeing how the English version differs after I've had enough time with the Russian version.

(I will also post the impressions I said I would soon enough. It's been a long few weeks workwise so all I got through was the tutorial and while it was wonderfully atmospheric, I want to be able to write up a bit more than that so I'll wait til I've tackled a few chambers and then post my thoughts. :) In short though: It's just as splendid as I was hoping for, and I haven't done much gameplay yet)

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2009, 13:18 
In Turgor!

Quote:
This isn't cool. Amazon.co.uk's date for The Void has slipped to 16th October :roll:

It's still listed as 25th September on Play.com - I hope Amazon have somehow got it wrong...

I find it weird. Usualy amazon emails their customers who pre-order when it involves shipping dates changes, and I haven't received mail.

PS:

Account summary still shows the correct dates:

View or change order
Items not yet dispatched:
Delivery estimate: 29 Sep 2009 - 5 Oct 2009
Dispatch estimate: 24 Sep 2009

* 1 of: The Void (PC DVD)
Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2009, 13:26 
In Turgor!

Looks like I spoke too soon:
Quote:
Dear Customer,

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk.

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

"The Void (PC DVD)"
Estimated arrival date: October 20 2009 - October 26 2009

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2009, 16:41 

04 Feb 2009, 17:38

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2009, 18:09 

01 Apr 2009, 13:53

Damnit! Does anyone know why?

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2009, 23:06 
Старый Добрый Эль

Quote:
No idea. The void is finished and passed to the publisher for some time now. No changes, that I know of, needed.

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2009, 02:37 

15 Jan 2009, 05:16

Quote:
Quote:
No idea. The void is finished and passed to the publisher for some time now. No changes, that I know of, needed.
I keep hearing talk of some patch. You think it was a delay to include the patch contents with the release, or am I just delirious from hunger? *runs out to get food*

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2009, 09:06 
Старый Добрый Эль

Quote:
I keep hearing talk of some patch. You think it was a delay to include the patch contents with the release, or am I just delirious from hunger? *runs out to get food*
The English version includes the patched content already. :) It's not because of that.

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2009, 01:11 

Dammit! Well thank you for the confirmation Throdax, even if it is news that makes me pout. :P

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2009, 01:27 
In Turgor!

Err.....

http://www.meethos.com/prof_03.htm

8)

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2009, 12:44 
In Turgor!

Quote:
Dammit! Well thank you for the confirmation Throdax, even if it is news that makes me pout. :P

Well for us european there is another option. I also ordered from play.com since they still have 25th of September as release date. So which ever order comes first I'll cancel the other, since they are so far apart :D

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009, 20:00 
In Turgor!

Play.com just changed their date also:
Quote:
The Void

Customer rating: Not yet rated ( Not yet rated ) | Write a review »
EUR 23.49 Free Delivery

Pre-order. | Due for release on 16/10/2009
So I guess it is confirmed... half a month delay :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009, 23:20 

Image :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2009, 00:48 

Perfect use of sad Klara. You win the day Hydra. :P Much agreed though. I have a three day weekend in my immediate future so I guess I'll just get comfy with the Russian version.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2009, 06:49 

15 Jan 2009, 05:16

I was messing around on the Mamba Games' website, and their shipment form isn't "Yank-friendly". Even though the US can be selected for country, it doesn't allow for entering the state and 2ndary address (apartment # in my case), so following through with the order just bounces back an error saying shipment and billing address invalid. Just FYI incase other people in America were gonna give it a try. I've emailed them to see if they ship to the US, and if they do how I can go about ordering it.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2009, 14:30 

Ouch! That's a bit of a design oversight. Hopefully they do ship to the US, and will fix it.
Thanks for letting me know the store site is up, though! It's also showing another delay for The Void - Now Friday, 23rd October ...

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable