[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • The Void: Unofficial FAQ. - Page 2
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:13
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2009, 11:11 

26 Dec 2009, 10:16

Quote:
Too often have I just finished donating a wad of colour to a Sister and then 5 minutes later release I forgot to take the gold out. :?
You can take it back out of a heart? Wow, that would have made a lot of situations easier for me.

On a different note, what's up with the secret area in Nameless Sister's mine? Where you drop down onto the ledge in the cavern, walk up through a glowy tunnel, and it transports you to what looks like some kind of graveyard/playground?

In case it's relevant, no, I have not gotten very far into the game yet.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2009, 13:17 

20 Jan 2007, 19:47

It's an easter egg :)

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2009, 01:23 

26 Dec 2009, 10:16

Somehow, whatever that place was I found seemed too creepy and disturbing for the term "easter egg" to make sense. More like "easter dismembered hand."

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2009, 11:04 

28 Dec 2009, 10:26

Recently puchased The Void off steam and loving it! I've got a few questions though:

1. Are trees that are killed by the scorpio no longer useable?

2. Is it possible to permently get rid of the scorpion from nameless sister's garden?

3. In the beginning, Mantid mentioned three trials but I only got 2. First was collecting color from the mines, then the next was killing the Pangolin. After completing these, Montgolfier appeared as my mentor and told me to kill 2 creatures. Did I miss something to do with golden apples?

4. *Spoiler, maybe*
At the beginning of cycle 21 nameless sister died, is this preventable?

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2009, 03:37 

03 Dec 2009, 02:38

1. Correct - the tree is completely unusuable.

2. With a large amount of colour and attack glyphs.

3. Nope, you didn't miss a trial (or if you did, so did I). I'm pretty sure that those are the three tests but by the time you get around to trial number 3, it becomes rather irrelevant as events spiral out of control.

4. :cry: - no. But later, there may be a shred of hope....

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2010, 15:25 

18 Jan 2010, 10:39

Regarding the donor glyph, the tips of the two tails MUST be the highest and lowest points on the alpha or the glyph will fail 100% of the time. This was the problem I was having originally until I saw a comment someone left on Throdax's youtube video. I don't think that's been addressed at all in this thread or in the video, but I'm guessing that's the problem most people are having if drawing it bigger doesn't help them.

A quick diagram I drew up:

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010, 02:00 

16 Mar 2010, 01:55

Hi.

Ok, so I love this game, although I am struggling with difficulty (whinge whinge). :)

Quick - possibly stupid - question: can you harvest mines more than once? At the moment, I can harvest a vein successfully, then get a message saying the vein will recharge next turn. However, when I come back next turn, it's always disappeared, leaving only a hole in the rock.

I think this is separate from the anti-aliasing issue, since I've already seen veins to harvest them. And I've lurked outside mines from one turn to the next to make sure some Brother isn't nicking my stuff. Does this mean mines are one-shot?

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious ...

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010, 03:01 

03 Dec 2009, 02:38

I believe so. If you've noticed, mines contain a lot more colour than even a fully developed tree. So you can drain some colour from a mine and not have it despawn but a fully depleted mine will not regenerate. If it did, it would make trees rather meaningless.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2010, 06:13 

07 Feb 2010, 09:12

That probably has a lot to do with chance, I know the last game I played hardly any color came in through the mines so the Garden Trees were far more valuable. It is *really* nice that the Brothers can't Extract though, far cheaper to protect Mines.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2010, 22:29 

05 Jan 2010, 19:21

Sometimes a vein will hold so much color so that it cannot be drained in one turn, you can easily see this by looking at the vein: if it is still pulsing after it has produced color, it will produce more next cycle.

But once fully drained, that part of the rock is dead.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2010, 13:16 
In Turgor!

01 Sep 2008, 06:09

Added links to the easy and medium patch.

:oops: :oops:

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2010, 18:24 

21 Oct 2010, 18:19

Hi, new user, I've been playing the demo after reading a lot of good things and copies of The Void and Pathologic are on the way =)

I just wanted to know if you need to use colour to traverse to other areas, because one time I ran out midway through drawing a passage and it worked, so then I tried with no colour and it still worked. Does this have any effect on the game later on?

Also what concessions have been made in the easy and medium patches?

Thanks =)

edit: The demo is german, so forgive me if I've missed some of the finer points of stuff already explained, it's been years since I did german.

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2010, 19:54 
In Turgor!

Quote:
Hi, new user, I've been playing the demo after reading a lot of good things and copies of The Void and Pathologic are on the way =)

I just wanted to know if you need to use colour to traverse to other areas, because one time I ran out midway through drawing a passage and it worked, so then I tried with no colour and it still worked. Does this have any effect on the game later on?

Also what concessions have been made in the easy and medium patches?

Thanks =)

edit: The demo is german, so forgive me if I've missed some of the finer points of stuff already explained, it's been years since I did german.

Welcome to the forums and let me congratulate you on your purchases :)

Regarding colour for movement, you can travel without using colour, but the more colour you use the faster you will travel to another chamber and sometimes you just need to get there fast :)

Regarding the modification of the easy and medium patch, if you follow the links in the fact, there is a list detailing what changes in which, in the relevant post.

Hope you enjoy.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2010, 02:39 

Cool, good to know =) I knew there must be some logic behind it, but I've been doing ok without using it for travel thus far. The german does complicate matters though.

Also so far (only 4 cycles in, I'm taking it slow =P) I've just been running around collecting colour from the mine and garden and then either planting more trees/ feeding the sister. I assume I have to open the sister's second heart to get to the next area right? I don't want to be spoiled too much but I want to know if I'm missing anything (also I read something about veins/ extraction in the mine, I didn't see anything like that in the first mine, does it come up later or did I not notice something?

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2010, 11:44 
In Turgor!

Correct, you need to open a Sister second heard to proceed to the next section of chamber.

The veins will appear soon enough ;)

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2010, 12:02 

*rubs hands together menacingly* goooood...gooood....

=P Thanks for the quick responses I'm enjoying it so far and frankly the english voiceover has a lot to live up to, the german voice actress for Nameless is brilliant. It's great that there's still a fairly thriving community for such a niche game =)

PostPosted: 01 May 2011, 18:37 

01 May 2011, 18:32

I know this is an old post, but I just wanted to find out if it is still true that the Steam version is uncensored? I have seen videos on the web that show the Sisters completely nude and not obscured by any color. In the Steam version they are concealed (somewhat) by various colors. Or is this something that changes as the game progresses. I'm not hung up on the nudity (believe me, there's plenty to be found on the web if we want, right?), but as an adult I do not like being told by Steam (or anyone else) what is or is not okay for me to view.

PostPosted: 01 May 2011, 18:41 

Don't worry - It's not censorship. The game is designed that way - The Sisters reveal more as you feed them more Colour :)

There is also a 'fully nude' mod floating around somewhere that has them in a naked state throughout.

PostPosted: 01 May 2011, 18:45 

Quote:
Don't worry - It's not censorship. The game is designed that way - The Sisters reveal more as you feed them more Colour :)

There is also a 'fully nude' mod floating around somewhere that has them in a naked state throughout.
Thanks for your response! :)

Another question: I'm early in the game still and I'm finding very difficult to maintain enough color to survive. I get to a certain point (the first Sister telling me to fill her 2 hearts) and I can't make it to any of her outlying "pods" without dying. Am I doing something wrong, or is it just that difficult? Thanks!

PostPosted: 01 May 2011, 18:54 

12 Mar 2011, 22:44

Quote:
Another question: I'm early in the game still and I'm finding very difficult to maintain enough color to survive. I get to a certain point (the first Sister telling me to fill her 2 hearts) and I can't make it to any of her outlying "pods" without dying. Am I doing something wrong, or is it just that difficult? Thanks!
Have you created first garden? Without it it's impossible to gather enough color to open sister... Well, maybe not impossible, but very hard ;)

PostPosted: 01 May 2011, 20:25 

I have created the garden, but I can't seem to survive through the cycle in order to go back to harvest. It seems like the only time "time" passes is while in the void, and I can't seem to keep a high enough stock of color to survive the void until the next cycle. The strange thing is, my hearts on the right side appear to have a generous amount of color. Not sure how it's "running out" before the cycle finishes.

PostPosted: 01 May 2011, 20:30 

Have you played with the 'time' controls when in the Void? Hit '1' or '0' on the keyboard to slow time right down whenever you exit a chamber.

PostPosted: 01 May 2011, 21:00 

Quote:
Have you played with the 'time' controls when in the Void? Hit '1' or '0' on the keyboard to slow time right down whenever you exit a chamber.
I'll give that a try, but I have learned that I seem to survive longer if I keep color in the glyphs of my body (or whoever's body that is). That appears to be what "counts down" while you're in the void.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2012, 05:02 

02 Aug 2012, 04:52

Hey everyone. Just want to say that The Void has got to be the best game i have played...though i hate it with burning passion :mrgreen:
I've played it around 10 times and just cant seem to get it right. This time i have a problem. The Web glyph needed to kill Pangolin seemed to disappear.
So far i've figured that a few Hearts locations are random. So. If i may ask. Are there any certain locations where is spawns?
Thank you.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2012, 07:25 

22 Aug 2011, 11:50

Quote:
Hey everyone. Just want to say that The Void has got to be the best game i have played...though i hate it with burning passion :mrgreen:
I've played it around 10 times and just cant seem to get it right. This time i have a problem. The Web glyph needed to kill Pangolin seemed to disappear.
So far i've figured that a few Hearts locations are random. So. If i may ask. Are there any certain locations where is spawns?
Thank you.
Web shouldn't disappear, unless you're picking it up somewhere strange. You should pick it up from the 'Moorage' chamber. It will always be there, unless you get it somewhere else randomly.

For a full table of the spawns, go here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=10281 click the walkthrough and scroll down to the appendix section.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable