[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • The void on Steam - menu camera moving forever !
It is currently 16 Jun 2024, 01:14
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 15:19 

05 Oct 2010, 15:05

Hi !

I've recently bought The Void on Steam as it seems to be a very interesting game !

But I can't play the game, I encounter a somewhat strange issue : When I launch it, I have all the logos that display correctly, I have the first cinematic scene that happens with no problem (something about all things age and decay), and then shortly after that a screen with lots of blue and green colors loads, with a camera slowly moving, sometimes showing a small fire. I suspect it to be the menu screen. It is indeed very beautiful, but I am unable to do anything at that point, just watch this screen and the camera moving forever! I can't even quit the game or show any menu, so I have to kill it. I noticed that no key on my keyboard does anything, except the F12 key where the scene just freezes for 2 or 3 seconds, and then resumes to normal camera moving slowly. I have tried all the keys of my keyboard but none of them seems to have any effect.

I don't think it's a vide related issues as the cinematic runs fine, and this scene itself does not have any problem (except the fact it lasts forever !), and every game i've installed so far on steam has had no problem.

Here is my configuration :
Windows 7 64bits
Nvidia Geforce GTX 260M
4 Gb RAM
Dual Core @ 3.06 GHz

I request your help as Iv'e been redirected here from the steam support. I really want to play this game and enjoy it as it seems great.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 16:26 

29 Aug 2004, 16:52

Your problem does seem familiar, indeed.
Game's main menu should in fact look like this:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/v ... Id,370872/

Try locating game.log in /Documents/My Games/Void/. Probably, something is wrong with the shaders, as I vaguely recall someone facing a similar problem a few months ago. In this case removing a bad file (or the whole folder) in Public/My Games/Void/Cache will fix the problem. It may cause lags, though, as the game is going to compile material shaders in real-time as soon as you see a new combination of a material and a number of lights, never calculated previously. If there is one single file that causes the problem, try removing only this one first. Removing the entire cache will guarantee you slowdowns for the beginning of the game in all new levels- still, nothing serious is going to happen.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 23:36 

05 Oct 2010, 15:05

Thanks a lot, it seems to work now (at least I have something displayed :)

I'll go enjoy this game now, thanks again !

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable