[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • The Void not working on Win7? Maybe this'l help.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:26
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2010, 22:34 

17 Dec 2009, 01:43

Hi, I used to have a problem running The Void on win7 like many people, i'm using Win7 Pro 64 bit and the Steam version. Many have gotten the error that the game can't start because it's something missing or can't creat a module or such. As i had another view at various topics about this, i read something interesting in one of them regarding protection of *Documents* folder by the system.
After that i try'd something and it worked for me, and this is how what i did.

Go to *C:\Users* And see if one of the folders has a Lock icon placed on it (It did on mine). Right click on the folder and click *properties* on the bottom.
Then go to the tab *Security* you should see several names of groups or users. When you click on one of the names you will see different check box's below with Allowed and Denied. Check all of the names and check if everything exept the last one (special permissions) are checked *Allowed*. (For me there are 4 names in the list and 1 of them was blank it was called *HomeUsers* i don't know if that just me or for everybody the same).

If one of them is blank like mine was, click on the *Edit* button You'l see a new window with all the names and the check box's, click on the one that was blank and then check *Allowed* on everything then click *apply*. You should see another small window and windows will ask soemthings or give an error about some folders or so.
Just continue ignoring the errors or such. (Thats what i did). After that Install the game and it should work fine. (I didn't try to play the game beyond the main menu screen) but befor the game would not even startup.

You can also open the Users folder and select the Documents folder and do this just for that folder. The way i describe it here is for the entire Users folder and everything within it.

I hope this might help some of you. Please comment on weither this worked for you or not. Just sharing how I fix'd it for myself. Besides that make sure you have the latest Directx 9 or higher, graphics card drivers, and sound card drivers. Good Luck!

Cronotorious

(PS: I'm using the Dutch version of Win7 so some of the things mentioned above might have a slighty different name)

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2010, 02:53 

29 Aug 2004, 16:52

Thanks! I am sure I have seen it at some other topic as well, but could not quite recall where, and if it were on our forums.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2010, 19:37 

17 Dec 2009, 01:43

If this works for many people, should make it sticky afterwards so people won't have to search far ;)
But for now just wait for comments on it :)

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2013, 07:59 

13 Jul 2013, 07:51

It is working for me too.. Appreciable post to share with us..

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable