[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Frame-rate issues
It is currently 23 May 2024, 08:57
 Post subject: Frame-rate issues
PostPosted: 27 Apr 2011, 19:21 

27 Apr 2011, 19:03

I'm really enjoying Cargo!, however my frame-rate is really erratic. Sometimes it drops to 1 fps. My PC far exceeds the minimum system requirements: I have a 3.0GHZ Phenom quadcore, a Radeon HD 6850 w/ 1GB DDR 5 RAM, 6GB RAM, SoundBlaster X-Fi xtreme audio, and Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

My system runs very smoothly and plays most games extremely well, but even at 1280*1024 with soft-shadows off, no hdr, no vsync, no AA, and both textures and lighting set to low, I'm running into extremely low framerates. This generally occurs when there are a lot of particle effects like confetti and fireworks. The framerate drops can make operating the vehicles very difficult, especially flying with a chain of buddies.

Has anyone else experienced this type of problem? Is there any way to turn down or disable the confetti? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Congratulations on another great game, Ice-Pick Lodge. I've been a big fan of your games and have played each one. Even with the frame-rate problems I'm still having a lot of fun with Cargo!

Post subject: Re: Frame-rate issues
PostPosted: 27 Apr 2011, 23:21 

19 Aug 2004, 17:46

Quote:
I'm really enjoying Cargo!, however my frame-rate is really erratic. Sometimes it drops to 1 fps. My PC far exceeds the minimum system requirements: I have a 3.0GHZ Phenom quadcore, a Radeon HD 6850 w/ 1GB DDR 5 RAM, 6GB RAM, SoundBlaster X-Fi xtreme audio, and Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

My system runs very smoothly and plays most games extremely well, but even at 1280*1024 with soft-shadows off, no hdr, no vsync, no AA, and both textures and lighting set to low, I'm running into extremely low framerates. This generally occurs when there are a lot of particle effects like confetti and fireworks. The framerate drops can make operating the vehicles very difficult, especially flying with a chain of buddies.

Has anyone else experienced this type of problem? Is there any way to turn down or disable the confetti? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Congratulations on another great game, Ice-Pick Lodge. I've been a big fan of your games and have played each one. Even with the frame-rate problems I'm still having a lot of fun with Cargo!
you should have very very high fps.
1) Are you playing steam version of cargo? Or preview version? (in preview version there were sometimes problems with framerate)
2) Try to enable vsync
3) if it will not help try to start task manager during cargo running and let the cargo run only at one CPU (game.exe process).

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2011, 23:44 

I'm playing the Steam version. I'll try your suggestions tomorrow morning and report back. Thank you for your reply.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2011, 00:34 

I tried turning on v-sync and setting the affinity to only one core. Both made minor frame-rate improvements. I then tried setting the compatibility mode to Windows XP, and that caused a larger improvement. There are still some drops, but that is to be expected in a game that can get this busy.

Thanks again. I'm loving your game!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable