[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Unofficial Cargo! thread - ***GAME IS OUT NOW! BUY!*** - Page 6
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 07:24
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2011, 13:31 

20 Jan 2007, 19:47

Aaand Cargo can now be purchased via Impulse.

PostPosted: 02 May 2011, 02:51 

22 Apr 2011, 13:46

Quote:
Also: Cargo can now be purchased from GamersGate. Same price as Steam.
Awaiting confirmation on whether it really contains SecuROM or not. It's supposed to be unprotected so that might just be a mistake in the listing.
yeah, it definitely uses securom one time serial key activation. bought it immediatly when it went up on gamersgate.

PostPosted: 02 May 2011, 04:27 

07 Oct 2008, 04:44

Quote:
Yakjazz: It's being released in the UK by Lace Mamba (who published The Void).
Sweet. Got my Steam copy, but still hanging onto the past. 8)

PostPosted: 02 May 2011, 05:12 

Quote:
yeah, it definitely uses securom one time serial key activation. bought it immediatly when it went up on gamersgate.
Thanks for the info, derailer.

PostPosted: 02 May 2011, 10:49 

02 May 2011, 10:36

Quote:
Quote:
Also: Cargo can now be purchased from GamersGate. Same price as Steam.
Awaiting confirmation on whether it really contains SecuROM or not. It's supposed to be unprotected so that might just be a mistake in the listing.
That's unfortunate, after reading hydra9 post I was really hoping it would have turned out to be DRM-free to buy it (regardless, thanks for the info, of course). :cry:

Any chance that it may change, considering the initial intention to have it unprotected?

PostPosted: 02 May 2011, 15:50 

Quote:
That's unfortunate, after reading hydra9 post I was really hoping it would have turned out to be DRM-free to buy it (regardless, thanks for the info, of course). :cry:

Any chance that it may change, considering the initial intention to have it unprotected?
It doesn't seem likely. In the end, it's the publisher's decision to release with or without DRM. One-time serial activation isn't bad, though, IMO.

PostPosted: 02 May 2011, 16:45 

02 May 2011, 10:36

Quote:
Quote:

It doesn't seem likely. In the end, it's the publisher's decision to release with or without DRM. One-time serial activation isn't bad, though, IMO.
Thanks for the prompt reply, I didn't notice it being published by Viva Media, I wrongfully assumed Ice-Pick Lodge was handling the digital delivery side directly.

I'll try to find informations about the Lace Mamba UK retail release (currently the site seems to be offline, unless it's an openDNS issue), hopefully they followed the same route they did for The Void.

PostPosted: 20 May 2011, 16:46 

25 Feb 2007, 00:40

joints
No use to cry quarter!

If you do not describe your attack in a gloriously cinematic fashion, the difficulty increases one step. (c)

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2011, 02:41 

07 Jun 2009, 22:42

Maybe someone could add a link to the demo to the first post in this thread. :)
Or at least mention that there is one existing. :)

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2012, 20:53 
Композитор

10 Apr 2006, 16:14

Another video review!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... JBqiNUmPvA#!

Please add this link to first post.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2012, 01:25 

Done! Thanks! :)

PostPosted: 15 May 2013, 09:21 

14 May 2013, 13:30

Just sharing my personal opinion of the game. When I first heard of the story I had a very different image in my head. First, I thought the game would take place in a city that is slowly drifting apart and that the gameplay would include more of a scavenger hunt for parts. That would have lead to buildings other machines, not just vehicles, that spread joy to the populace, bringing fun back, bringing gravity back. That way, the player could have opened up more of the world, for more parts.

Storywise, the actual game is pretty good and creative, although it has it's flaws. Flawkes does not really have much to say and repeats herself pretty often and the physics can kinda cripple some creative designs. It was a good experience but, ironically, I think I had more fun with Pathologic and The Void.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable