[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • What about Music? I really used fantastic methods writing it
It is currently 16 Jun 2024, 13:03
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2011, 11:03 
Композитор

10 Apr 2006, 16:14

Hi everyone, who played Cargo!

I just want to ask - what do you think about Soundtrack?
I was writing it from december 2009 to february 2011 and i really want to know what you think about my work.

Actually i used a lot of odd and interesting things and make some easter musical eggs, as a references to my favorite musicians, but... okay.

If you interested i can give some commentaries about creating soundtrack - what instruments, and how is it - writing music at 40° C ))

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2011, 17:00 

15 Apr 2011, 11:17

I like the Soundtrack of Cargo very much. I would even put some of the tracks (I just started the "winter" chapter) on my mp3-player next to the pathologic-Sountrack haha. Well, who are you favorite musicians?

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2011, 17:52 

23 Apr 2011, 23:05

I cannot picture this game without the music. I decided against using my own simply because I liked the built-in music so much. It really is a large part of the experience.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2011, 18:34 
In Turgor!

01 Sep 2008, 06:09

Did you rip off some sounds from lemmings? :P

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2011, 18:54 
Композитор

Quote:
Did you rip off some sounds from lemmings? :P
nope - every voice acting in music - is myself that was fantastic expirience.
Quote:
I like the Soundtrack of Cargo very much...

Thank you!
Quote:
Well, who are you favorite musicians?
Ha-ha! try to guess! ^:P

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2011, 18:55 
Композитор

Quote:
I cannot picture this game without the music. I decided against using my own simply because I liked the built-in music so much. It really is a large part of the experience.
Thank you, Wally!

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2011, 19:18 
In Turgor!

Why wasn't Shambala (Live) included in the soundtrack?

:D

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2011, 00:02 

07 Jun 2009, 22:42

I love it. I already knew the game was worth the money when the main menu appeared for the first time, thanks to the music and the sound effects.
It reflects what awaits the player in the next few hours of gaming and that's fantastic. A weird and funny but well-written (and kind of colorful) soundtrack. And so is the game.

The instruments in the main menu... well, there's a piano. Then there's something I cannot identify (the instrument that is responsible for the melody)... and then there's something that sounds like some kind of guitar. Do you know what I mean? I would love to know what exactly it is... :)

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2011, 01:02 

24 Apr 2011, 20:58

filler

Last edited by Ardbug on 04 May 2011, 22:28, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2011, 23:05 

12 Mar 2011, 22:44

Hi! I also like Cargo! soundtrack. As I wrote in previous topic - I love the Winter Level Music. Especially those two in Volcanos (one some Pirete-A-Like sound, and second Orangs - it reminds me Phantom Of The Opera ;P).

Are you planning to release it to download as you did before with Tension Soundtrack?

PostPosted: 01 May 2011, 12:06 
Композитор

Quote:
Why wasn't Shambala (Live) included in the soundtrack?
:D
i late with finish it's english version, so including russian version is a kind a disrespect to english-speaking people i think.
Quote:
I would love to know what exactly it is...
Thank you, for your words!
writing this music i used my synths, digital piano, yes - a guitar, my voice, kazoo, tom-tom, our national instrument - dudElka ), and some strange installations of metal, nails so on.

@Ardbug, well, there is a real guitar and i so happy that you like it! If we talking about musical references - i was not make references to Russian musicians in soundtrack actually. Maybe tunes from cartoons - music from russian cartoons from 70'-80' are sooooo much pretty!

@jakubcjusz Hi really glad to read it! Phantom of the opera... hell, maybe, maybe - i really like this music but never think about... before.
You know, actually i planned release Soundtrack with unincluded in game for different reasons tracks by iTunes will you download it there to support the author? ) And of course later it will flow to net, to torrents and everywhere. That is why i also planned release in the Web free soundtrack, but a little later.

PostPosted: 01 May 2011, 12:49 

Quote:
You know, actually i planned release Soundtrack with unincluded in game for different reasons tracks by iTunes will you download it there to support the author? )
Why not? If the price will be right :P But to be honest I don't like digital distribution. If I buy music (or game), I like to have it on cd/dvd, with box, booklet etc... Maybe I'm just old dated... ;)

PS. Didn't I support you by buying Tension? :D
Quote:
And of course later it will flow to net, to torrents and everywhere. That is why i also planned release in the Web free soundtrack, but a little later.
If there will be free soundtrack, I definetly download it.

By the way: Did you work only with Cargo! music, or with all sounds (Brats for example)?

PostPosted: 01 May 2011, 13:44 

21 Sep 2008, 16:38

Are synthesised sounds and rythms software ones?)

Music - yep, fantastic! hmmm 60% of Cargo! is music maybe :lol:

PostPosted: 01 May 2011, 13:53 
Композитор

Quote:
Quote:
You know, actually i planned release Soundtrack with unincluded in game for different reasons tracks by iTunes will you download it there to support the author? )
Why not? If the price will be right But to be honest I don't like digital distribution. If I buy music (or game), I like to have it on cd/dvd, with box, booklet etc... Maybe I'm just old dated...
Hey i planned to make a single or double CD version too on my own money. But i was not sure that somebody will really purchase it.
Quote:
PS. Didn't I support you by buying Tension?
Unfortunately not. I have no rights to it's music and have no any author's royalty "per each copy" ))
Quote:
Quote:
And of course later it will flow to net, to torrents and everywhere. That is why i also planned release in the Web free soundtrack, but a little later.
If there will be free soundtrack, I definetly download it.
I'm sure you are ).
I can't force anybody pay for it - listen it have fun, tell everyone about it recommend to buy - make me a superstar ho-ho-ho!
You can help and support me by thousands different methods if you want!
Quote:
By the way: Did you work only with Cargo! music, or with all sounds (Brats for example)?
I worked on all sounds - except text voice acting. And, yes some of Brat's voices are mine ) also notes, also editor voice-sounds ) Devil's laugh at the bad ending also - mine )

@Reckoner I used Korg emx-1, Waldorf blofeld, Kaoss pad 3, Thank you!

PostPosted: 01 May 2011, 14:00 

Quote:
Quote:
PS. Didn't I support you by buying Tension? :D
Unfortunately not. I have no rights to it's music and have no any author's royalty "per each copy" ))
Sorry to hear that...
Quote:
You can help and support me by thousands different methods if you want!
Be sure I will :)

Quote:
I worked on all sounds - except text voice acting. And, yes some of Brat's voices are mine ) also notes, also editor voice-sounds ) Devil's laugh at the bad ending also - mine )
By the way, did you think about bonus, like Windows Sounds made by "Brats"? Just imagine Windows Error with this characteristic "Ohhhh..." :D

PostPosted: 01 May 2011, 14:10 
Композитор

Quote:
By the way, did you think about bonus, like Windows Sounds made by "Brats"? Just imagine Windows Error with this characteristic "Ohhhh..." :D
Ha! good idea actually!

PostPosted: 01 May 2011, 14:31 

29 Aug 2004, 16:52

Quote:
Well, not exactly all sounds ;). There are several my sounds in the game. One of the most hilarious things is one of the "clicks" in the construction screen, which was recorded by a $2.5 Dialog microphone.

PostPosted: 01 May 2011, 14:33 
Композитор

Quote:
Quote:
Well, not exactly all sounds ;). There are several my sounds in the game. One of the most hilarious things is one of the "clicks" in the construction screen, which was recorded by a $2.5 Dialog microphone.
Yay! Chiptune! )))

PostPosted: 01 May 2011, 15:11 

01 May 2011, 14:09

Awesome soundtrack! I'd like to see it on CD, separate from the game.

PostPosted: 17 May 2011, 12:35 
Композитор

Quote:
Awesome soundtrack! I'd like to see it on CD, separate from the game.
I think you will!

PostPosted: 18 May 2011, 10:07 
In Turgor!

Can we ask for The Void music videos? :D

Ire's Lake especialy.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable