[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • A Couple of Questions...
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 03:00
 Post subject: A Couple of Questions...
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 10:38 

22 Aug 2011, 11:50

Hi guys!

You'll be (hopefully) glad to know that after I finished working on my walkthrough for The Void... I started on one for Cargo! I've enjoyed the game a lot and hopefully will be able to provide useful information about it in my guide.

Anyway, there's a few things that still aren't clear to me after two playthroughs and I'm hoping someone can shed some light on them for me.

1) The 'Play With Winter' and 'Hit the Winter' Steam achievements. I got the first one on my first game, but still have not picked up the other one at all. Both are described as "Start the volcano", but no luck. I read somewhere you can get them both by doing the volcanoes in a different order, but I've now done that and still only have one of the achievements.

2) The colour switch puzzle to start the Hadron Collider... how do you figure it out except through trial and error? Both games I just kept guessing until I got it right.

3) The two different endings are triggered based on how many Buddies are in your world, correct? I took a stab in the dark that you need more than 200 to get the 'Master of Gravity' ending, but can anyone confirm that?

Thanks!

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 18:19 

30 Nov 2010, 00:34

Нi!

2) Seсoиd tiмe playiиg tнeгe шas aиotнeг гigнt sequeиce. Looкed liкe гaиdoм. Aиd I didи't fiиd aиy suitaвle logic iи eitнeг vaгiaиt.

3) It seeмs that the fiиal depeиds oи the aмount of кilled вuddies. The first tiмe I шas playing I lost ~30 (volcaиo daиce мostly). Afteгшaгds I шas вuуing the sмall islaиds for a loиg tiмe and to the eиd of the gaмe нad aррroxiмately 205 вuddies. But still got "вad eиd" :D

Caи уou рlease give tнe liик foг youг шalкtнгougн?

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2011, 01:44 

Oh, thanks for your insight! That's very helpful!

My walkthrough isn't online yet, but it will be in the next couple of days. When it is, I'll put up a topic on this board.

If anyone knows the answer to my first question, please let me know!

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2011, 22:40 

30 Nov 2010, 00:34

I glad it шas!

Aвout tнe first questioи . . Oи tнe Steaм acнieveмeиt desк tнe pictograмs of Start tнe Volcaиo acнieveмeиts вeloиg to tшo differeиt volcaиos (oиe шitн мusic aиd oиe шitн daиce pall). I playedtнrougн tнe gaмe tшo tiмes, first tiмe I мade мusic oиe aиd tнeи daиciиg, secoиd tiмe - daиciиg aиd мusic. So мayвe you caи acнieve oиe Volcaиo acнieveмeиt for oиe playtнrougн?

By tнe шay, if it шould вe useful for your шalкtнrougн . . iи tнe last stages of tнe gaмe шнeи you нave a lot of Fuи, you caи вuild so-called "flyiиg вricк" Tнat is a нelicopter propeller totally surrouиded вy вoxes (froм all 6 sides). IЯL it шouldи't fly, вut iи gaмe it does. Looкs liкe a paradigм sнift if you doи't киoш tнe tricк :D

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 01:00 

I thought that was how the achievement worked too, but I tried that and I'm still missing 'Hit The Winter'. :(

I like the flying brick idea! It's a fun one! I haven't added it to the guide yet, but I'm hoping to add a whole vehicle section at some stage that includes building ideas.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 16:41 

29 Aug 2004, 16:52

Phew. Looked in the scripts for the ending conditions, it's a tough one - I wonder if it would be easier to just chek it in game.
To get a good ending you need 100 or more gnobes alive in the world (a total count displayed in the right corner, I guess; AFAIR, it is very hard NOT to hit this condition) and 60 or less dead over the course of the game.

How one can probably check this:
1. Play saving every buddy on the way possible. Look carefully for the numbers on the statistics screen each season: this way you know how many exactly died. Then, during summer, let the gnobes die or not die, and see how this affects the ending
2. Play saving gnobes, but trying not to bring any objects from the stratosphere except when you are required to. This way your gnobe count will me minimal. Then, when you are sure you saved enough, return objects from stratosphere to increase your gnobe count and find the threshold. Of, if your gnobe count is way more than 100 even when you only bring back the crucial objects (iceberg, Big Ben, collider, axis, comets, three objects for the tornadoes... well, when you play the game, it's pretty obvious when you are required to let something fall back) - then an average player doesn't need to care about that number.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable