[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • The Endings
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 01:47
 Post subject: The Endings
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2014, 15:49 

17 Sep 2014, 15:44

Since I'm the first poster, I'll start from the tail end of the game. Will the remake change, in any significant way, the endings? I am referring, especially, to the "secret" ones which, by this point in time, will be known (or easily knowable) by most of the potential players.

In other words, are you planning on either:
1. Keeping the endings the same, perhaps with small tweaks.
2. Add new endings and/or make significant changes to the existing ones.
3. Wipe what we knew to be true completely, calling into life completely new answers (and questions).

Post subject: Re: The Endings
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2014, 12:46 

20 May 2012, 05:12

I enjoyed the ending immensely in the original.

However, I believe that it had soured some peoples perspective on the game. It may be sacrilege to say it but perhaps Pathologic should have a 'typical' ending for a 'typical' player. This will probably not make sense with what happens on the final day but honestly look at a cult classic like Silent Hill 2, that game has lots of endings which range from shocking (In Water Ending) to ludicrous (Dog Ending).

However the more... abstract conclusions to the game were not made available immediately and for good reason; the game silently took metrics as to how the player played. If you play carelessly you get the In Water Ending which most would consider a 'bad' ending but when developers play tested this they found that players would come across this ending simply because they were struggling with the game, not because of a desire for self destructive behavior. Likewise the Rebirth ending was prevented from occurring on the first playthrough because that ending was saved for those who love to collect everything in the game, this was something that players would be drawn to do even without prior knowledge simply because of the survival horror nature of the game.

I believe that rewarding players who show particular curiosity and diligence should be something saved for a second, or third play through! But that's just me. I hope they keep all the original endings. :)

Post subject: Re: The Endings
PostPosted: 22 May 2015, 13:18 

22 May 2015, 12:57

Quote:
Since I'm the first poster, I'll start from the tail end of the game. Will the remake change, in any significant way, the endings? I am referring, especially, to the "secret" ones which, by this point in time, will be known (or easily knowable) by most of the potential players.

In other words, are you planning on either:
1. Keeping the endings the same, perhaps with small tweaks.
2. Add new endings and/or make significant changes to the existing ones.
3. Wipe what we knew to be true completely, calling into life completely new answers (and questions).
I strongly feel that a game should be played without trick and tips.A game without formula and secret can be very passionate.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable