[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • The music of tension - part 2
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:49
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2007, 00:48 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

Good news. Our contact in the world of Void has been able to get two more samples of music, freshly recorded and ready for listening in the Files section.

---- Alexander Pope

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2007, 03:42 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

* Was a problem with cache - if you couldn't see the update - refresh the page.

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2008, 01:22 

18 Dec 2008, 00:53

By the way - who wrote the actual score for the game? Its not mentioned in Polish edition credits. Was it someone from the IPL team? I think music is awesome, for me one of best game soundtracks in last few years.
I own the Pollish edition by Techland. There is a soundtrack included, fills the whole audio CD and still many tracks from the game are missing. I especially like the menu track - any idea how to extract this, or are you perhaps planning to release it on the website?
By the way - Polish edition is generally very nice. I disagree that translation/voiceovers are bad. I'm nearing game ending, and the only bug so far is the cut poem in the intro. Its actually one of the best translations and voiceovers I heard in Poland. Goes very well with the atmosphere and game characters.

Congratulations for making this game. If the endings are intriguing, looks like it will be my game of the year. And that's after finishing Fallout 3 and few of other "top" titles...

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2008, 10:58 
In Turgor!

01 Sep 2008, 06:09

[quote="bioforger"]By the way - who wrote the actual score for the game? Its not mentioned in Polish edition credits. Was it someone from the IPL team? I think music is awesome, for me one of best game soundtracks in last few years.
I own the Pollish edition by Techland. There is a soundtrack included, fills the whole audio CD and still many tracks from the game are missing. I especially like the menu track - any idea how to extract this, or are you perhaps planning to release it on the website?
By the way - Polish edition is generally very nice. I disagree that translation/voiceovers are bad. I'm nearing game ending, and the only bug so far is the cut poem in the intro. Its actually one of the best translations and voiceovers I heard in Poland. Goes very well with the atmosphere and game characters.

Congratulations for making this game. If the endings are intriguing, looks like it will be my game of the year. And that's after finishing Fallout 3 and few of other "top" titles...[/quote]

viewtopic.php?p=71613#p71613

;)

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2008, 22:53 

18 Dec 2008, 00:53

OK - thanks for the tip, got the bonus DVD. The full OST is there, but still no clue who composed it! Or maybe I simply do not know Russian well enough to undersand it from movies and documents. Anyway - I'm still interested...

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2008, 23:13 

29 Aug 2004, 16:52

Aah... Seems that artist/composer name is in Russian in these files. Sorry, I suppose it didn't occur to anyone immediately as you asked:).
The composers are:
Andriesh Gandrabur (Андриеш Гандрабур) for some tracks and
Wasily Kashnikiov (Василий Кашников) aka "Mushroomer" for most of them

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2008, 23:18 

20 Jan 2007, 19:47

Hi bioforger. You can find info on who composed each track by right-clicking on a song title in the player and going to 'properties.' The two composers are:

Vasiliy 'Mushroomer' Kashnikov

and

Andriesh Gandrabur (who composed the soundtrack for Pathologic).

EDIT: Ah :lol: Thanks Halfgild - You beat me to it :wink:

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2010, 12:03 

22 Feb 2010, 00:32

I still didn't get how much Turgor music is awesome. It blends completely with the visual and story content!

'Mushroomer' is a musical genius. How came he get to those awesome "whistles" in Fireflies track?

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2010, 12:01 

16 Dec 2010, 11:58

The Polish edition is usually very pleasant. I agree with that the translation / voice-overs are good. I get the music ends and the only flaw so far is the poem engraved on the intro. Its actually one of the best translations and voice I heard in Poland. Goes very well with the characters and atmosphere of play Congratulations for making this game if the findings are interesting, it looks like it will be my game this year. And it was after Fallout 3 and a few other titles.

[url=http://www.MonirSider.com]Monir Sider[/url]

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2010, 01:41 

26 Dec 2010, 18:39

Where can I get all the soundtracks from the void??

they are amazing

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2010, 02:23 

21 May 2008, 16:59

[quote="J_4mes"]Where can I get all the soundtracks from the void??

they are amazing[/quote]
Download the bonus torrent.

viewtopic.php?t=8915

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2010, 19:20 

26 Dec 2010, 18:39

Thank you very much for the link. Downloaded them all and can't stop listening to them, it's just brilliant music.

I did something weird today, I was listening to my music using VLC player, and half way through a song I was thinking 'This sounds really good, not heard this track before it must have not been used in game'. When I looked to check, it was 'OST - Tension : Monster: pagolin' but at 0.76 play speed. It sounded so nice I actually recorded it at that speed and it would make some good ambiance music! Sounds almost resident evilish at points (The film).

Id be happy to post the recording if that doesn't break any violations and anyone cares to listen.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2011, 07:33 

06 Dec 2011, 16:06

The devil's interval (the flat 5th) creates tension for the ears of Western listeners as we are so accustomed to hearing the major 5th. The wait for the flat 5th to resolve generates suspense.

Virtually any of the leading intervals can generate tension, but the flat 5th is one of the strongest.

Tones at the very edges of the audible spectrum can also create tension, as we can often sense them, but not quite hear them.

A nice example of both of these is that screeching violin part from the murder scenes in Psycho.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable