[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Unofficial Cargo! thread - ***GAME IS OUT NOW! BUY!*** - Page 4
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:07
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2011, 22:16 

12 Mar 2011, 22:44

Quote:
cargo-game.de translated by Google seems to be saying that Cargo will be released on 26 May 2011. :evil:
I sugest watching english one: http://www.cargo-game.com/ ;)

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2011, 22:36 

04 Feb 2009, 17:38

Whoa, the game was just released on Steam! Talk about being sneaky!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/41740/

BTW you guys should advertise the game/launch, Nearly everyone doesn't know about it and most won't take the plunge at $19. People need to be aware of it!!

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 01:12 

Just played about an hour, it's entertaining so far but I have no idea what the hell is happening/what/why am I doing. It's strangely compelling though. Gonna read the manual now :)

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 01:31 
In Turgor!

01 Sep 2008, 06:09

Original post updated

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 01:56 
In Turgor!

I have a problem with Cargo!....

How do I give money to IPL?? :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 03:46 

07 Jun 2009, 22:42

It's out, hell yes!

Where are all the press releases?

If no one knows about the game who is supposed to buy it then?
Going to write an article for German magazine PCGames (for their website) right now.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 09:36 

22 Apr 2011, 09:34

I think the best way to spread the word is via penny arcade and somethingawful forums.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 09:44 

05 Jan 2010, 19:21

Is Steam the only place to buy this? Will other places be added later?

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 10:00 

12 Mar 2011, 22:44

Quote:
According to official Cargo! site you can preorder it on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TQ ... d_i=507846

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 10:30 
In Turgor!

Quote:
Quote:
According to official Cargo! site you can preorder it on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TQ ... d_i=507846
Oddly enough it not on the UK amazon.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 13:48 

22 Apr 2011, 13:46

what the hell. why is this only available on steam. terrible

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 13:58 
Композитор

10 Apr 2006, 16:14

What's wrong with steam? I thought it is more comfortable than search for the game in stores. Anyway our publisher will release it on DVD in May 2011.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 14:39 

I only buy from download sites where you actually "own" your copy of the game, don't have to launch a separate client, and can install wherever you want and so on. guess I'll wait for the dvd version, unless the dvd version has steam on it as well?

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 14:42 

Steam's fantastic. There's a minority who do not like it for serveral reasons. Most often I prefer retail versions, too. Bought Cargo, though. :D

You also cannot find it on amazon.de (german), if you search for Cargo for some reason...
even if you search for Cargo - the quest for gravity, you will not find it.

If you search for Cargo in category games, you will find it. But this in the only way. Not if you are serching in "All categories".

One more problem:
The title is: "Cargo: The Quest for Grafity"
Grafity? What the? Just sent an suggestion for improvement to amazon.de

--

Edit: If you click on "Developer: Ice-pick Lodge" on Steam's Cargo page it will only show Cargo as one of your games. But not The Void. If you click on it on Steam's The Void page it will only show The Void as one of your games but not Cargo.
I don't know if you are able to fix that (or make Valve guys fix it) but I think it's important because if I like a game I often use Steam to click on the name of the developer to see what other games they created.
It's "pick" on Cargo page and "Pick" (capital P) on The Void page... maybe this is the cause.

Here is the article on the website of Germany's popular magazine PCGames as promised.
Google translated here. But of course it's not that good... at least the translated version isn't (exactly) saying what I have written in German before. :D

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 15:42 

20 Jan 2007, 19:47

Grafity? Oops!

I also notice that the developer is listed as 'Ice-pick Lodge' on Steam, whereas The Void's developer is 'Ice-Pick Lodge' (capital 'P')... This tiny difference means that there are two separate listings, so anyone looking for other games by the creators of The Void will come up empty :roll:

derailer: I used to have exactly the same opinion of Steam as you. I even waited ages for a non-Orange Box retail release of 'Portal' in the misguided hope that it wouldn't require Steam (which of course it did). Anyway, I eventually got over my misgivings and am now quite happy with the platform. I think its advantages far outweigh any disadvantages it might have and I've even got over my need to physically 'own' a game. It seems unlikely that Steam will be going anywhere and taking your purchases with it.
You CAN also backup your downloaded games to DVD and you can launch in offline mode.

Don't know yet whether the retail release of Cargo! will require Steam. My guess is no, but that's just a guess.

--

Edit: Just saw Kabraxis's edit :lol: So yes, we're both concerned about the 'pick'/'Pick' issue. I think it's important to get that fixed.

Edit2: Thanks so much, Kabraxis, for writing that article. Looks like it's generating a lot of positive attention :D

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 16:11 

Quintin Smith, tattooed IPL-superfan, gives his impressions on Cargo! (Rock, Paper, Shotgun).

(added link to the list)

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 16:25 

There are comments to the article on RPS like

"Not available in my region. Which is Russia… What? Why? SADFACE"

Not available in Russia... this is as weird as the game is. :mrgreen:
Is it a bug or will the Russian version be released later?

(Haven't read the article because of spoilers, gonna play it myself later this day. Weather is too good to play now. :lol: )

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 17:30 

Yeah, it sucks (and is rather weird) that the Russian version isn't out yet. It will be released later, though.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 17:48 

Just started the game... and I'm already impressed.

Not only the funny main menu sounds and the fantastic main menu background are great... the best thing is the music. It's funny and it probably represents the game perfectly... and I am surprised because I really, really like it. It simply sounds good. It's awesome.

@Mushroomer: I wonder if there will be a possibility to download the full game soundtrack... maybe a Collector's Edition of the game? Or will there again be a bonus disc? Or another way?

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 18:17 

22 Apr 2011, 18:15

Steam says that it's "not available in your region". :(
I'm in Russia btw.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 18:27 

Quote:
Steam says that it's "not available in your region". :(
I'm in Russia btw.
Sorry, BillyIII. The Russian version will be released in the future - It's not quite ready yet, though.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 19:54 

Quote:
derailer: I used to have exactly the same opinion of Steam as you. I even waited ages for a non-Orange Box retail release of 'Portal' in the misguided hope that it wouldn't require Steam (which of course it did). Anyway, I eventually got over my misgivings and am now quite happy with the platform. I think its advantages far outweigh any disadvantages it might have and I've even got over my need to physically 'own' a game. It seems unlikely that Steam will be going anywhere and taking your purchases with it. You CAN also backup your downloaded games to DVD and you can launch in offline mode. Don't know yet whether the retail release of Cargo! will require Steam. My guess is no, but that's just a guess.
hm yeah, I am fully aware of steam's features. I used to be okay with steam. I had no problems with it while it was valve only games in it, or until the download market on pc really started to hit its stride in maybe 2007 or so, and other much better competitors started showing up in the space. like gamersgate and gamesplanet. steam hasn't changed its model or upgraded its usability feature in to be more pro-consumer at all. they still pretend they are a subscription service. they don't under any circumstance do refunds. their support is pathetic. the client is worse than ever to deal with when you have a lot of games. community features and achievements do nothing for me. it's very disappointing

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 22:04 

03 Oct 2009, 19:00

Just looking forward to a release to buy though Amazon UK or Play.com :) , no desire to deal with the hassle Steam gives me :(

Something that just came to me as a thought also, think in a number of years when there would be an Ice-Pick compilation. The amount of awesome in one box... Makes you wonder what they are planning on working on next :D

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 22:20 

I think more people would buy Cargo on Steam if it could get a 10% discount as "release deal" or something on Steam. People always do that. :lol:
The newer the game, the higher the effect, I think.

Game is fantastic, I wasn't bored a second so far. But I'm stuck a little bit right now (something with the volcano). Will try it one more time... if I'm still stuck I will create a new thread and ask my question(s). :)

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2011, 00:09 

The more you play, the more sense it makes and the better it gets. This is a pretty fun game. Still haven't tinkered with the vehicle editor much, the story is starting to grip my attention :P

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable