[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • What are you hoping for from a Pathologic remake/sequel?
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:52
PostPosted: 13 Aug 2014, 21:32 

03 Oct 2009, 19:00

So we're getting closer to the start of an assumed fund raising drive for a remake/continuance of Pathologic :)

I was wondering what everyone was hoping for from it?

Just to get the ball rolling I'm really hopeful that textures/models will be easily modifiable so we can experiment and change the theme/style of the games atmosphere/tone. In the original release of Pathologic it was entirely possible to replace textures and changing the colour palette gave some interesting changes to the atmosphere.

On pc - controller support would be lovely. The range of movement speed provided by using an analogue stick would suit the skulking and stalking through the town and steppe wonderfully.

Seeing the interface/loading screens infused with concept art. There was something wonderfully distinctive about Pathologic's style, I'd love to see its presence be more distinct and prominent.

I dread to think what the costs would be to port the title but I'd be really interested to see the kind of response to Pathologic on consoles given the warmth that Deadly Premonition was received with.

How about everyone else? :)

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2014, 14:42 

19 Nov 2009, 15:42

I'm just hoping that the Ice-Pixies gather enough means to realize whatever vision they might have for the game, and that they manage to make the experience even more riveting this time.

Of course I would like very much to see the characters and the town better developed and more interactive, the gameplay expanded beyond looting trash cans and engaging in conversations when a quest calls for it, but rather involving more exploration of the environment and with the disease theme firmly integrated into it. I'm not expecting cutting-edge graphics, I just hope Ice-Pick Lodge's so far flawless art direction will amaze me again.

I also hope that something really cool is done with the theatre motif running through the game, maybe have it presented in an unusual way, or get the player involved more in the nightly performances?

And may the new game's scenario be different enough from the original, so that there are enough surprises for experienced players.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2014, 18:39 

07 Oct 2013, 14:35

The only thing I'm hoping for is that they are

[spoiler]

breaking the 4th wall again. That shit at the end of Pathologic, when you cured all the VIPs, was just great and questioned everything you did before.

[/spoiler]

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2015, 01:32 

13 Jun 2015, 19:03

I know this is lame but I really feel the original is perfect, and doesn't need changed. I will say however on some quests, the translations were not good, and I felt very confused. I am somewhat sad they are re-creating it, but maybe it will be a masterpiece like the original.

I would love to see more artworks, and goodies going on. Extras, so to speak.

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2015, 02:29 

11 Feb 2015, 22:06

first of all, greetings from the drunk serbian ghetto... the remake should come out in 2016 and YOU KNOW that it will be SOMETHING WICKED... and all you expect it will be there and YOU KNOW IT!!!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable