[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • The next Ice-Pick Lodge game?
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:25
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2007, 01:34 

20 Jan 2007, 19:47

Come on, you have to be able to tell us *something* about your next game. All that's been said so far ('It features naked chicks') doesn't sound too promising. Tell me more! Give me something! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2007, 12:29 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

I can't just yet - the game hasn't even been anounced in Russia, but I can tell you, that the game will feature a unique style, combined with a better engine. The game will be most likely called "Tension" in the English version. That's about all I can say for now, but in a week or two, I'll be back with a lot more info, and, hopefully, the official site will be up soon. Hold on til then. ;) Maybe Alessa will give out some info on the game spilled on the Russian-speaking part of the forum, which I could have forgotten. )

---- Alexander Pope

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2007, 17:35 

Okay, thanks, LxR. I hope Alessa is reading this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2007, 19:28 
Старый Добрый Эль

Well, I guess you can check out threads from this section for some screens and videos: viewforum.php?f=4; Unfortunately I have almost no time to translate even the key passages just yet, but you can always use Babelfish to try to understand what is what. )) I'll try to post some info ASAP.

---- Alexander Pope

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2007, 23:17 

Thanks very much. I read the interview and watched the video. I think I understood the general concept...

The game looks very interesting. Weird, but interesting! One thing confuses me, though: Why does the player seem to store coloured energy balls in his buttocks? :lol:

I'd like to see some video of the 'brothers' and 'sisters.' I'll keep checking the forums every so often...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2007, 01:33 
Старый Добрый Эль

Quote:
Thanks very much. I read the interview and watched the video. I think I understood the general concept...
Well, anyhow I'll talk on the concept sometime soon - at times I get the feeling that I understand nothing myself. :)
Quote:
The game looks very interesting. Weird, but interesting! One thing confuses me, though: Why does the player seem to store coloured energy balls in his buttocks? :lol:
We're always weird, I guess, from the traditional point of view, and I guess that we will once again be inevitabbly compared to Silent Hill... )) We never even tried to look similar, really. ) Actually, the player does store lympha (the main resource in the game) in his own body, including buttocks. The wjole body is meant to be that, which in other RPG-s is called character system - the way you distribute lympha throughout your body will affect the characters characteristics, which are quite self-explanitory on the screenshot. ))
Quote:
I'd like to see some video of the 'brothers' and 'sisters.' I'll keep checking the forums every so often...
Now I'm starting to feel ashamed for not doing anything on the English half. :lol: You can just monitor this topic, I'll keep everything Tension-related posted here.

Good luck for now, gotta get some sleeeep... Z-z-z-z...

---- Alexander Pope

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2007, 01:34 
Старый Добрый Эль

Once again, maybe someone else from the Russian speaking forum might on a whim decide to translate some texts, who knows? ))

---- Alexander Pope

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2007, 02:05 

I'm surprised (and pleased!) how far 'Tension' has already progressed. As for games it reminds me of... It sort of reminds me of a cross between Pathologic and an old classic called The Sentinel ( http://www.mobygames.com/game/sentinel- ), which was also a very strange and unique game. It also involved absorbing and using energy, and that energy came from trees!

I know IPL's games are 'weird.' That's a good thing! :wink: But 'Tension' makes Pathologic look quite normal in comparison :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2007, 00:57 
Старый Добрый Эль

Kinda offtopic, but you've made it to top20 users of the month. ) Congrats!
More than that - the first place of tributivity as you can see. Guess your two page long post made the day. ;)

The columns of teh table are from left to right:
- No Top 21 (By Postcount) - Nick - Post Count (Beginning of month, End of month, Delta) - Honourable Title - No Top 21 (By Balanced Ratio)

---- Alexander Pope

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2007, 02:35 

Hahaha! Okay, that's pretty funny - Thanks for letting me know :lol:

It would be nice if the English forums were a little more active, though... :roll:

Hmm... 'Honourable title'... What does that say, and why is the text in red next to my name?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2007, 18:54 

20 Jun 2007, 22:59

Ahhh... Let me try to translate some interesting facts and news about the 'Tension'. I think, I can translate all official information about Tension's developing as well as I know. The LxR, any problems? But it will be done only after my birthday, so wait until next week, please.

2 hydra9: The red text tells that you are a 'clear head' on this forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2007, 20:31 
Старый Добрый Эль

Quote:
Ahhh... Let me try to translate some interesting facts and news about the 'Tension'. I think, I can translate all official information about Tension's developing as well as I know. The LxR, any problems? But it will be done only after my birthday, so wait until next week, please.

2 hydra9: The red text tells that you are a 'clear head' on this forum.
No problem with me except for you re-registering to avoid the ban. :twisted:

---- Alexander Pope

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2007, 21:05 

Let it be a vicarious atonement for me ;) Two or three days - and it will be ready. I'll start with the brothers' and sisters' rules from an announcement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2007, 21:36 

Thanks very much hetfield. I have been reading about 'Tension,' but so far mostly through http://babelfish.altavista.com/ :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2007, 21:53 

I have hidden this topic until the further anouncements, so that there won't be any possible misunderstandings.
--- The LxR

2 hydra9: i think, an announcement on this forum is necessary, not much visitors should go to some_online_translating_site to read an info, because they are too lazy :)[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2007, 01:26 
Старый Добрый Эль

Quote:
2 hydra9: i think, an announcement on this forum is necessary, not much visitors should go to some_online_translating_site to read an info, because they are too lazy :)[/url]
I'm sorry to say this, but it looks like the English users will have to wait until the official announcement... I was uncertain, when you asked me if it was Ok to do it, but now I'm sure, that you better not. I mean, you can translate, but please, son't post it on the official forum to prevent any possible misunderstandings. (E.g. though your English is quite good, there are lot's of minor mistakes. Since many users don't care to read, they might think that this is the official translation and suspect Tension to be as badly translated, as Pathologic... )

---- Alexander Pope

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2007, 09:39 

Quote:
I'm sorry to say this, but it looks like the English users will have to wait until the official announcement... I was uncertain, when you asked me if it was Ok to do it, but now I'm sure, that you better not. I mean, you can translate, but please, son't post it on the official forum to prevent any possible misunderstandings. (E.g. though your English is quite good, there are lot's of minor mistakes. Since many users don't care to read, they might think that this is the official translation and suspect Tension to be as badly translated, as Pathologic... )
No problem LxR, I understand. Thanks for the offer anyway, hetfield. I'm sure anyone reading this can wait for the official announcement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2007, 10:06 

No problem, the LxR ;) Dura lex sed lex. It was just a bad attempt, so don't take it seriously. I understand that it doesn't conform your marketing policies.

Just one question. The LxR, did you translate all texts in Pathologic? It would be interesting to play it in English. Can I download a localization for my russian version anywhere, if it is possible?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2007, 11:47 
Старый Добрый Эль

Quote:
Just one question. The LxR, did you translate all texts in Pathologic? It would be interesting to play it in English. Can I download a localization for my russian version anywhere, if it is possible?
Thankfully, no. Pathologic suffered from a really bad English translation, which I have very little to do with. But, I will be working on Tension, so... ^___^ Not sure about a localisation - just try dinding the full English version in torrents, or eMule.

---- Alexander Pope

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable