[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Metro 2033
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:27
 Post subject: Metro 2033
PostPosted: 02 Oct 2009, 21:19 

04 Feb 2009, 17:38

Any of you fellow Russians can gives us any info on this game? Was it already released in Russia? Will it be released in Europe? I think I read something about THQ publishing it. Any info is welcome, this looks promising

Post subject: Re: Metro 2033
PostPosted: 02 Oct 2009, 22:31 

20 Jan 2007, 19:47

I'm not Russian, and I can't tell you much either :wink: However, I've been following this for a while. It hasn't been released anywhere yet, it is slated for release this year though, and the publisher is still meant to be THQ.

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2009, 01:38 

I've been following it too but the info they release is all in Russian :(

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2009, 17:05 
Бессмысленный и беспощадный

21 May 2006, 19:45

Google translator + Babelfish + me :) , from ag.ru:
Quote:
Kiev studio 4A Games, founded by people from GSC Game World (or rather, part of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. team) Is developing a "Metro 2033 "- Horror-shooter with RPG elements of the same-name books Dmitri Glukhovski. Venue - post-apocalyptic Moscow, where human life is still flickering in the subway tunnels, stations turned into small states with different political regimes, and deformed mutants live on the surface.

"VDNKh(ВДНХ)" - the farthest manned station on the orange subway branch, the northern stronghold of humanity and civilization. It was one of the good as long as it remained out of danger. But now the station attacked by hordes descend from the top of mysterious creatures, which the residents of VDNKh called "dark". If human outpost fall, the black avalanche could engulf all of the metro.

A young guy Artem, living on "VDNKh" gets the job: to get into the heart of the metro, the legendary Polis, to tell all about the terrible danger and ask for help. On his way he meets various, sometimes bizarre political regimes stations, cities, dangerous mutants and paranormal phenomena. Style "by force" participation will vary - Artem can act as heavy attack aircraft, or invisible killer. The authors promise a serious tactical AI and interactive techniques (eg, armored railcars).

In addition to shooting, there are other methods of communication with world - There are many side jobs in "Metro 2033", and (hopefully not one) an alternative ending. The stations will be populated by many NPC, involved in their affairs. After deciding to bargain with them, you will encounter the currency system undertaken straight from the book - cartridges here serve money, and hot skirmish can rapidly make you poor. If this it proves to be little, and player suddenly will feel miserable, different mini-games will help to relax.

Promises related to the technical side of the project seem tempting - 4A-Engine has some innovative "rendering technology, based on psycho-visual perception of Man, supports dynamic lighting, the "right" soft shadows, HDR, motion blur, and "gamma -correct "Deferred Shading" with the analytical AA" (whatever that means).

Owners of PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 will be able to visit the Moscow Metro-2033 only at the end of 2008.
But last sentence is outdated, ag.ru says that the game will be released in 2009

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2009, 04:29 

In Russia maybe. In Europe we'll be lucky if we get it during 2010

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable