[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • 'Easy' Patch
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:15
 Post subject: 'Easy' Patch
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2009, 22:52 

02 Nov 2009, 22:39

I heard a rumor that there may be an 'Easier Difficulty' patch in the works for The Void? As a gamer of several years, I don't mind a challenge, but I'm worried about investing 10+ hours into The Void only to realize that I haven't been doing things optimally enough to carry me to the end and not actually finishing this beautiful game (which seems to be the major complaint from most reviewers).

I know it's hard to judge difficulty, and making an 'easier' patch must rub you the wrong way, but I would rejoice at the option. Not 'easy' per say, but 'we will forgive mistakes'.

Post subject: Re: 'Easy' Patch
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2009, 00:11 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

I'm working on it in my free time, but it should be ready fairly soon. ;)

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2009, 01:16 

02 Nov 2009, 22:39

Oh- thank you!

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2009, 18:14 

27 May 2009, 21:59

Normally I am all for making the games challenging but since a mistake at the beginning can be devestating in the later game a difficulty setting would be desirable.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2009, 22:20 

10 Nov 2009, 22:08

I am new to the forums and Id like to shout out a hello to those here. Im from Canada and recently acquired the game and thought Id post here to do a few things:

1) Id like to encourage the developers of The Void to honestly continue the good work. Its not overstating it to suggest that there is simply NOT enough good games out there and this one really impressed me. And that almost never happens. Atmosphere, unique gameplay, fantastic visuals, beautiful locations... I could honestly list many things.

2) See where you guys are at as respects an "Easy" patch. Its just too hard for me. With 10 things all happening at once, its hard to know what to do next, and what things I *DO* know how to do, I am almost always without color to do them. Even following advice on the forums. And....this is the big thing...I NEVER USE CHEATS! I will never do so. Id like a difficulty setting instead.

Again, just to repeat, this game is an excellent example of some very innovative concepts and I want everyone involved in the creation of this game to understand that they have to keep this up. In a world where games like Hellgate:London can be sold and bought, this is a very refreshing and encouraging title.

You have a fan sitting behind this keyboard.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2009, 09:05 

Is someone going to address this? Can someone fill me in on whats been progressing on this front? Any ideas?

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2009, 13:48 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

Not much yet, I've been lazy. Use cheats for now. )

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2009, 23:36 

21 May 2008, 16:59

Here's mine. Player starts with 50 of each color, moves faster on world map, increased effectiveness of crimson, emerald, violet and gold

Attachments:
easy.zip [2.27 KiB]
Downloaded 2162 times
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2009, 00:26 

@LxR...I dont use cheats. That would be cheating... :-(

And mostly Im just joking.....mostly...

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2009, 10:21 

Thank you for the ZIP file! I appreciate it!

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2009, 16:26 

17 Nov 2009, 16:23

Hello.

My firsrt Post, i'm new.. and in this hard Game, i'm kind of Stuck, so that why i wanted to try this patch.. but.. i downloaded it, but i dont know what to do with it

if someone can help, will be very apreciated..

Thx, good work.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2009, 19:50 

29 Aug 2004, 16:52

Quote:
My firsrt Post, i'm new.. and in this hard Game, i'm kind of Stuck, so that why i wanted to try this patch.. but.. i downloaded it, but i dont know what to do with it
Unzip it in game's directory to make it work.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2009, 17:58 

18 Feb 2009, 23:57

Quote:
Here's mine. Player starts with 50 of each color, moves faster on world map, increased effectiveness of crimson, emerald, violet and gold
Uhm, i would like to ask if that file is from The Void (english version) or Tension (rus/pl version)? Or there is no difference?
I am asking bcuz when i finally translated some sentences like
Code:
 How much smaller damage player will inflict to the domain with maximum Silver 
i am afraid it wont work with my tension (i have polish version). And is there some1 who could explain me few things, what they do?

I mean:
Code:
1) <property name="ColorOnWorldInfluenceEnabled" value="false" />

2) <! - Supposed organ posessions by chapter / ->
<property name="OrganCountCh1" value="2.5" />
<property name="OrganCountCh2" value="4.0" />
~

3) <property name="MapLockTime" value="120" />
Well i am asking for that, bcuz i cant open/unpack the properties.vfs with total commander even after installing that "plugin" from russian language forum :p
So... The best solution for my problem, would be if someone would explain me what these options do, and if he could give me basic/unmodified gameplay.xml from rus/polish version :P So i could do "Easy Patch" fitting to me on my own :)

PS. Some things i translated from rus to eng using some weirdo translator, so maybe its not exactly what it says :P

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2009, 14:00 

21 May 2008, 16:59

It's from The Void. The files are probably different too

I haven't tried the Total Commander plugin, but see if you can open the properties.vfs archive with this:

Last edited by sdgfsdgsgswg on 19 Dec 2009, 21:11, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2009, 17:33 

18 Feb 2009, 23:57

I can open almost every *.vfs file with that but cant open properties.vfs
Quote:
Not a valid The Void file
If i try to open it with Total commander it says
Quote:
Error in packed file D:\tension\data\properties.vfs!
Maybe its some kind of protection, just not to see whats in there? ;/
Damn. Is any1 able to help me to get that gameplay.xml file from Tension? :D

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2013, 15:28 

21 Jan 2013, 15:01

Thanx for sharing this one.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2014, 14:31 

04 Dec 2013, 13:04

The same thing happened here, after reading about a patch for void I had downloaded a patch from internet, and spent a lot of time for this, but it turned to be a failure. I have wasted a lot of time for this and nothing worked it. So it is better to make sure about this and go ahead.

Thanks
outlook email tech

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable